Monday 4 May 2015

Poundland brand bargains [makeup haul]

 Hi Sweethearts,

This week I wanna let you in on some super nice bargains that I got whilst visiting my local Poundland.

I took a break from work as my back was starting to give me some problems, and ventured off to Poundland in search of some heat packs to stick to my back.
  As usual the shop was pretty busy, so had to try and wade through the vast crowds of people - but eventually had to just stand and wait (people have a lovely habit of taking up the ENTIRE isle... sheesh.) so I figured I'd just look at the makeup/beauty products around me whilst I wait to get through.

On looking, I quickly noticed some pretty good bargains and couldn't resist picking them up to blog about!

The Haul:









Sooooo....you can see the brands that I've managed to get, all for £1 each!!! How good is that?!?!!

Lets' look a bit closer!




Rimmel Colour Rush colour lip balm shade: 610 Sun-Kissed
RRP: £5.99


If you didn't already guess, I love lip colours at the minute!

This is a lovely warm pinky/orangey/corally type colour in handy pencil form for easy application, and it smells like vanilla! I've tried this already, and it lasts pretty well, and keeps my lips feeling moist and plump.
These come in 14 different shades, however in poundland you'll only have a choice of a couple of shades of each thing. Slightly disappointing, but if the colours they have match you then you're laughing.



Barry M Supersoft Eye Crayon,  Shade: 9 Matt Pink
RRP: 
£3.99

This is a jumbo eye pencil in a matt pink shade. Like the label says, it is a supersoft formula, and like  Barry M products, it's highly pigmented, for thick bold colour.


The consistency is lovely and thick, and the colour is adorable, however, I find this rubs off pretty easily (on my hand anyway - one smudge with my finger and it was gone), so I'll use this as a base to press another shadow on top.
 I think I could have some fun and get creative with this.

Barry M Dazzle Dust, shade: 1 Ice Pink

Barry M Dazzle Dust, shade: 96 Gold
RRP: 
£4.59

Ok! Here we have a couple of the Dazzle Dust colours.
 There's a few different ones in Poundland, but these 2 are the ones that stood out the most for me.

I've always liked these as they're super pigmented, lovely shades that give a nice effect. I generally don't buy these unless I get a bargain such as this, as I find that Barry M can be out of my budget beauty price range (aka, as cheap as I can find, but still good) 


Barry M Eyeshadow Trio Shade: Tes2 Pretty Pastels
RRP: £5.99

I couldn't resist picking up this cute pastel coloured eyeshadow trio!

I think I've had a bit of a pink makeup theme in this haul, though everything can work in together to create some cute and cool looks!

There are other versions with different colours available, I think I spotted a more marine type palette which looked pretty sweet. This comes with a double ended shadow applicator. On one side, a (dreaded) sponge tip applicator, then a brush on the other side.
 I generally don't use the brushes that come with the palettes as I prefer to use my own, but this one is o-k. Definitely better than the w7 palette brush, but still not terribly great, but heyho.

Cost & Savings:

Time for a little bit of maths (I hate maths, so bear with me) 

Adding the RRP of each item together, comes to £25.15

Take away the £5 that I paid in total for all of these, (£1 each) and that gives me a total saving of £20.15!!! 
How good is that?!??


Final thoughts:



I definitely suggest that you all take yourselves on a little trip to your local poundland to see what they have in store for you!

If you have been recently, what did you buy? Did you get some great bargains too?

Let me know in the comments below!

Love,
           Kasumi x







4 comments:

  1. GREAT finds! Really want the palette in particular. ♥ I wish they were more fair about what they stock where, but what do you expect? XD The Poundland close to my uni' has next to no makeup, but I've had some good finds previously back home. The most memorable were the Collection 2000 glitter liners (I have nearly all the shades now!) and Rimmel Apocalips, which I kept going back to check if they had more varieties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette is looking pretty good, I've been having a play with it tonight.
    I think a lot of it is to do with what staff are taking care of which aisle, and what the management want to order in.

    I kind of like that aspect though at times, not everything is the same, but other times it's a pain in the butt! Namely having a Primark store with 80% tat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poundland is always a good place to go when you want to find good branded and discontinued beauty products :D

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh for sure! In between Poundland and Watt Brothers I'm spoilt for choice!

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3