Sunday 17 May 2015

Etude House - Dr. Ampoule Review (Lifting Care)

Hi Sweethearts,

Sorry that this weeks' post is a little late, I'm been rushed off my feet at the moment! >.<

After rushing around, I felt like I was definitely in need of some "me-time" and so I decided to kick back and relax with the Etude House Dr. Ampoule facemask - lifting care.



Little bit about this:

This is from the Korean Brand Etude House (http://www.etudehouse.com) that I absolutely adore, from their Dr. Ampoule range of mask sheets.

These come in a few different types, such as brightening, time , essential, vital, and the one I'm trying out: Lifting care.
 This mask sheet is said to make your skin firmer and more youthful, with the concentrated ampoules, it's supposed to be super effective.

These can be bought on etudehouse.com for $3.50 each, which at the moment is around £2.23 - so these aren't bank breaking at all! 

Here is my before face - (apologies for the super tired, "I need a break" look) >.<

How to use the mask: 

Ok, so this is a 2 step face mask, which is something that I've never experienced before but fun to try out!

STEP 1: The first step is to open & apply part 1, which is the lifting ampoule. This has quite a gel-like texture, and absorbs quite quickly into your skin to do it's job effectively.
Not too sure how well you'll see this in the picture, but I have just applied the ampoule. 

STEP 2: The second step is to apply the mask sheet (part 2) onto your face, having just applied the ampoule in step 1.

The Mask sheet fitted my face pretty ok, considering that this is a Korean product and my face shape is different to Korean Facial structure, I was quite happy with the fit.

The mask sheet was packed full of product, it was pretty slippery to unfold but I'd much rather lots of product instead of too little - because of this, it adhered really well!
It also had a lovely fresh, clean scent to it, that helped wake me up a little bit.

Result: 

So, after 20mins (pack suggests 15-20) chill time on my sofa, it was time to take the mask sheet off.
 Unlike other masks, the instructions on this told me not to remove the excess product, but instead leave it to soak into my skin.


This is how my face looks afterwards.
(Please excuse my hair, it's currently undergoing a change which I'll be blogging about next week.)

I don't know how much of a physical difference you can see, but there definitely is a little bit from the first time application.
My skin does feel firmer and tighter, which I'm really pleased about, and I had no issues or reactions at all with the ingredients

It's definitely a product that I'm going to use again, and I'd also like to test out the other masks in Dr. Ampoule range.


Have any of you used these masks? What did you think?
What type of masks do you like to use?


As usual, leave me comments below!

Love,

           Kasumi x






3 comments:

  1. Ooh thanks for the review! I really wish I could wear face masks but I have such sensitive skin... ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sensitive skin can be a pain! I'm quite lucky that my skin is pretty resilient...though ir does react to a good few sun creams for some odd reason.

      Have you tried making your own face masks with all natural items?

      Delete
  2. I've seen a lot of two-step masks but have never tried one. It looks very interesting! I've always been reading up on a lot of Dr. Ampoule products but didn't want to make a purchase quite yet, so I think starting off with individuals masks would be a wonderful idea.

    Great review. I may have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3