Saturday 9 May 2015

Makeup Find & Review: Japanese Maybelline Jelly Glow Blush in the UK?

Hey Sweethearts,

After having a discussion with a friend on Facebook about which Japanese Makeup Brands we'd like to try out, it made me think about just how different makeup from global brands is in different countries.

I took a trip to my favourite place for makeup on the high street (Watt Brothers) and came across a very interesting item: Maybelline Jelly Glow Blush....from Japan!
 As a massive Japan enthusiast, and makeup collector hoarder I had to pick one up to test it out.


So this is the Maybelline Blush Studio Jelly Glow in Shade 1: Pop Pink
It comes in a cute little box, and has 6 different shades in total - if I've done my homework correctly! >.<
My local Watt Brothers has shades 01 & 02 (both pink shades) in stock.



Taking it out of the box, it is a cute looking domed case that shows the colour of the product well. I really like the packaging for this - it's very fun, young and fresh feeling. 

The product itself is also dome shaped, and when I pressed it (because that's just what I do! haha!)  it was spongey/jelly like in texture, but still firm enough to keep its shape and volume.

I've just gotten into using cream type blushers as opposed to powders, as I'm enjoying having a lighter face of makeup on for the Spring & Summer months, so it's a nice change from powders and heavy foundations.
 When I first tried this, I found it to be really well pigmented, and works like a cream blush that spreads really well on your cheeks to leave you with a lovely dewy glow that feels weightless.
 You can also layer this up for a more dramatic, stronger effect ^_^


Here is a little selfie wearing this blusher, which I applied with my fingertips.



I really love this product - it works so well for me, and I'm so happy to have found it locally!
What does upset me though, is the difference between the products sold here and elsewhere in the world from the same brand.

I can only assume it's the market that dictates what kind of product a brand should be selling and where, which can be fair enough, but when certain places are limited to 1 or 2 products from the brand, it really makes you wonder who they are actually aiming at?



Here are a few screen grabs from various Maybelline official global websites:

From left to right:
Top: Japan, UK, Thailand
Bottom: USA, Italy 

As you can see, the UK & Italy have the least and most basic/classic products available to them, whilst the USA & Asian countries have more variety and the products are more varied and have a more fun element to them - is this a reflection of the people in these countries in regards to beauty?
If so, then why so serious UK & Europe?
These are just a few sample screenshots, though I've looked at other EU countries websites and it's all pretty similar to the UK...which I feel is disappointing. It would be so nice to be able to try out all of the other products without having to import them from other countries.

What do you all think? Would you prefer the products available to other countries over what your own has?
As usual, let me know in the comments below!

Love,

         Kasumi x

8 comments:

  1. I've been debating whether or not to get this product it looks soo pretty on you~ ^^ I loved and enjoyed reading your post and I can't wait to see more, following (i hope you can check out my blog too if you dont mind, thankyou!)
    Sindy xx
    http://milkiibunnii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's worth picking up - it's nice and light for the warmer weather :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'd like to try that when my current blush runs out, the colour is very nice. I usually stock up on all of my make up when I travel to Asia or anywhere that stocks Korean brands. I don't even know what is available here in Australia ^_^;

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty blusher! Maybelline Australia site doesn't seem to have it in stock, but tbh I find that a lot of the time I much prefer Asian makeup products as their idea of beauty is really fresh and young which I so love!

      Delete
  3. I recently have been on a blusher buying spree after getting a weak one, so I probably shouldn't buy more but it looks really good on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I buy blusher all the time too, it's such a habit! I use this one, or the Peach Etude House Cupcake one for the spring/summer since it's lovely and fresh looking. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this yet, but im so dying to try it because love how it comes out <3
    Anyway, would you like to follow each other? Follow me and let me know in the comment so that i can follow you back instantly :)

    Join my giveaway
    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3