Thursday 21 May 2015

Hair Transformation time - my first time getting extensions!

Hi Sweethearts,

So, this week I really wanted to chat about my latest transformation: My hair makeover.

Ever since I first went back to basics with my hair colour, I've felt increasingly upset and unhappy about it - sadly, it ruined my self confidence.
Gone are the funky, bright, fun coloured looks, and instead I feel like I've been fading into the background...and my bpd traits don't like it when I'm not in the spotlight (despite hating the spotlight at the same time, it's a strange cycle.) 
So I finally bit the bullet and went for a hair overhaul!

Sadly I can't risk bleaching my hair again, so I decided to finally give into temptation and get some extensions from the lovely Bracken at Candy Locks. (Click here to go to her page)


How my hair looked before (and a outfit pic) : 

Cardigan: Ebay
Top, belt & shoes: Primark
Jeans: New look


What Type of Extensions did I get?
After my initial consultation, I got 18inch long Keratin bond extensions as my hair is fine, in 2 shades of reddy-brown.

These Extensions are UK-based, Beautyworks Celebrity Choice bonds, and should last up to 6months, provided I take good care of them (which I will, I absolutely adore them!) 
Here are a couple of in-progress shots of the bonds being installed. Having them installed was completely painless (for some reason, I had expected it to hurt) & they don't show through my own hair at all.

 As you can see, I couldn't help taking pictures as I was so excited to finally have the long, thick locks that I've been lusting after for years!




Finished Results: 
I took a little picture of them when they were first installed and all straight, as I knew instantly I wanted to have them curled or in waves for the duration of the time I have them in.
Please ignore my fringe here, as the style part hadn't happened yet! 


Now for some pictures of my amazingly lovely princess locks all styled up! 




Pros & Cons: 

Pros: 
  • Long, thick, lovely locks
  • Easy to style & holds curls/waves well without hairspray
  • Lasts a good amount of time (usually the same amount of time it takes me to get bored of something) 
  • Painless installation
  • Blends well with own hair
  • Massive confidence booster for me
  • Silky smooth feeling
Cons:
  • I'll miss them when they're gone
  • Requires proper aftercare/maintenance to keep them looking lovely
  • A bit tender to sleep on to begin with due to being new
  • Not for those on a tight budget as it's a pretty big investment. 
Final Verdict:

I think we all know what I'm going to say here - I'm absolutely besotted with my new locks, and can't thank Bracken enough for doing them for me!


Love,
          Kasumi 

4 comments:

  1. I had keratin extensions before too and they're so awesome, they really don't come out easily so they should last ages. Just don't do what I did and accidentally use a straightner on the bonds....

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so into them - I just had my first experience giving them a wash (it's been a few days now since I got them) and I totally forgot what it was like to have long long hair (It's been around 10 years!)
      Quite amused that the excuse "Sorry, I'm washing my hair tonight" is actually becoming a thing for me :p

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3