Thursday 4 June 2015

Steal this Style: Sexy & Sophisticated Photoshoot



Hi Sweethearts,

The other week I finally managed to be brave enough to get in front of the camera and model again, after being extremely reluctant to do so due to my own body & confidence issues - so I thought that I would share this with you.

After much humming and hawing over what to shoot with the wonderful Louise from Louise Cantwell Photography  - we had originally planned to shoot some avant garde, fantasy, ethereal style fashion, incorporating a bespoke headpiece.
     However, after having a huge confidence crisis that morning whilst getting ready (Thankfully she's a very good friend of mine, so is used to me looking in the mirror and freaking out, repeatedly deciding that I hate myself and am a terrible disgusting person etc before I finally get the courage to do things.) and a failed attempt at putting together a last minute outfit (my sewing machine played up the entire night, and the outfit was far too sheer for going outdoors in public)  we ended up raiding my wardrobes to shoot a more glamorous, yet sophisticated type of fashion shoot - complete with some gal makeup!

The dress I chose was one that I picked up from Ebay last year on a whim, thinking that I'd love to be able to go somewhere/do something that would warrant wearing it - so it was a perfect choice for making me feel a little more like myself again.



I'm always a little wary when picking outfits from Asia, as I'm a lot more curvy, and pear shaped in figure so always wonder if it will fit over my butt or not! Luckily though, it's pretty perfect and makes me feel slimmer/more hourglass-like, due to the peplum and puffy shoulders.

I teamed the dress with a nude pair of heels from Primark, having not yet invested in a nice white pair (suggestions welcome)

Here are some shots from our adventure into the posh, quaint little side streets of my town & a local park bridge.  ^_^



I also happened to come across a sailor hat on my rails, which I think is maybe Russian, and couldn't resist taking it along as a fun prop! (feel free to correct me in regards to its' origin) 




           



It felt really strange getting back into posing that isn't a selfie, but at the same time I really enjoyed myself once I got back into the swing of things.
 It was a different style for both of us image wise, and it was a lovely to feel a bit more sexy/glamorous for a change!

I really love the more grown up, 'cool' type feel of these images - the outfit is pretty flashy for me, which I love, but the images are more casually styled....if that makes sense?

I would love to know your thoughts of the images, and do you wear clothing similar? Would you?
Let me know in the comments below ^_^

Love,
           Kasumi x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments <3