Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review: Makeup Revolution Highlighter Golden Lights

Hi Sweethearts,

Sorry for the lack of activity here as of late! I've had a random bout of Iritis that left me with poor vision and unable to wear makeup for a week, and also some family issues have meant that I haven't been as active as I'd like to be.

I hit up my local Superdrug branch to pick up some new makeup whilst in passing - having realised that I ran out of concealer and needed a new mascara, I thought I'd see what I could snap up!
I will be reviewing and comparing items over the next few posts, so please keep checking back for these!

I've been in the market for a new shimmery highlighter powder ever since I managed to lose my last one. >.<
 When I spied this little beauty in the Makeup Revolution section I couldn't resist giving it a go!


This is the Vivid Baked Highlighter from Makeup Revolution in the shade 'Golden Lights'.

I tend to have a preference for a powder or baked highlighter, as opposed to a liquid for some reason, though I think that tends to be because I really like to notice I'm wearing it, and want don't want to risk it moving my foundation like I found with the last liquid I used.

Packaging:


The packaging is sleek and simple, and I really like the swirly pattern of it - it sort of reminds me of those Guylian seashell chocolates!

  Product: 


The highlighter wasn't hard to get onto the brush (some baked products can be a bit hard to get going) and has a really strong pigment/shimmer, so a little will go a long long way with this! (seriously, you only need a tiny bit, it goes on preeeeetty strong if you're not careful!) 

I applied this just with my finger to show it on my hand quickly, and this is how it turned out - so it's safe to say that you need to be quite careful when using it!


This shade has a lovely pale gold/creamy tone with an amazing pearly sheen to it - it's absolutely gorgeous when it catches the light and definitely brightens up your face.
 It also blends really easily, which is a massive plus!

I'm a little bit in love with this - it gives your skin a beautiful, summery glow that lasts all day!


Price:


This comes in at...wait for it.... £3 from Superdrug, which is great value for money, given the quality and amount of product you get - it's a pretty large size!



Overall Verdict:


I really like this product for the summer time, as it makes me feel a bit like I'm on holiday/at the beach - good value for money, and something that I will most likely buy again!

This comes in 2 other shades, a pink and a peach, all of which you can get here: http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Highlighter-Golden-Lights/p/978758

In this pic I've applied it lightly in all the usual places, and also under the inner corners of my eyes - which is the part that the camera is picking up the best.


That's all for this time - if you have any questions or comments, you know what to do!

Love,
          Kasumi x

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I saw this review!! Because I live in the USA and it's a struggle seeing all the amazing high street brands over seas and not being able to purchase any. So when I saw that MR came out with their new brand Freedom Makeup I put in an order 9 days ago and received the order 2 days ago and literally only been wearing Freedom everyday! And since they are the sister company to MR I was planning on purchasing items from them a well so everything that interested me I have researched the reviews and this is the highlighter that was on my top list and it looks gorgeous!! I love how it looks on you!! Your skin looks so vivid and awake perfect brightening effect. But quick uestion does it have glitter that you can see on the skin or is it soft and barely untraceable xoxo-Cynthia www.cdelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! ^_^

      I don't find it very glittery if I'm honest, more of a shimmer. I don't notice any glitter particles on my skin really, just the reflection and shimmer when the light hits.

      ^_^

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3