Monday 13 April 2015

Montagne Jeunesse Facemask Review - TeaTree & Spearmint


Hey Sweethearts,

I've been getting some different face masks lately, as I'm trying to take better care of my skin (especially now that I'm in my mid 20's and should be thinking about it more).

At the moment my skin is hit or miss, which is down to a combination of diet, general health and hormones trying to settle back down from restarting the contraceptive pill.
I don't know about the rest of you, but at certain times of the month, my skin tends to be oilier (I do have naturally oily skin anyway) and generally likes to break out - what about you?
Sorry to bring this up for any male readers, but yes, we're having the period chat, because it likes to alter your skins appearance and that's just plain mean & uncalled for!

So, based on my oily, spot prone skin, I picked up a Spearmint and TeaTree face mask from Montagne Jeunesse in my local Asda store, for the grand total of £1.28.
Tea tree has anti bacterial properties and reduces inflammation, whilst spearmint is supposed to fight the oil, and leave your skin feeling tingly.



First up I gave my skin a wee cleanse....so here's a mugshot of a very barefaced, deeply awful looking me, fresh from the bath *hence the towel-hat* 



Let's pop on the cotton mask! Unfortunately, I never seem to be able to have these things fit me properly, either I have a tiny face, or these are made really big - especially at the chin area!

Do these things fit you ok? Let me know!


So, the packet said that this should only stay on for about 5-10 minutes max, and it should leave my skin feeling brighter, fresher and more even.

So, off I went to chill on the sofa for a little bit.

The smell of the spearmint was really strong, and my skin tingled quite a bit - definitely not a mask to have on for longer than 10mins. That aside, I really did enjoy having it on and chilling out for a bit, and felt a lot more awake afterwards!

When I took the mask off, I definitely noticed that my skin looked a bit brighter and didn't look as tired as it did beforehand. It also felt a lot nicer and smoother, and looked a bit more even in tone too. (There are differences in the lighting from the first photo - so difference is more subtle than photos show)



Verdict: 

I quite like this face mask. It's nice to use the cotton masks as opposed to the ones you kinda just slap on your face, and then spend ages trying to get it all off!

I like the effect it's had on my skin, it feels smoother and brighter, though if you're sensitive to any of the ingredients especially the mint, then it's maybe not for you as it's pretty strong!

My skin hasn't really freaked out after having used it, and it's been a few days now, so that's always a plus.

Would I buy it again? For £1.28 I probably will - face masks are a great way to force myself into taking a break & relaxing, so it's a double plus.

Love,

Kasumi x







2 comments:

  1. Oooh I've seen a similar looking brand in Superdrugs before or it might even be the same brand lol >.< Great review you did there, although I personally don't have oily/acne prone skin. I found this very useful to read and so I'd pass it on to my friends who actually have oily skin :)

    You hauls makes me want to cry because I'm always broke but want to buy things :'( Just followed you as well, care to follow back? ^__^

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you found it a good read! ^_^

      Superdrug do their own brand of face mask with very similar packaging to Montagne Jeunesse (didn't find the montagne jeunesse on the superdrug website), but you can pick these up in boots, savers etc!

      I'm quite lucky with my hauls as they're either going cheap on sale somewhere (I'm also a charity shop lurker, maybe I'll do a little post about that too at some point), or I do some trade offs for friends, which means I can get some things that I usually wouldn't pick up ^_^

      Have followed you back too ^_^

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3