Monday 20 April 2015

Etude House Makeup Review pt. 3

Hi Sweethearts!

Finally finished doing my reviews of the Etude  House Makeup from my haul. I'll go some posts about the skin care products when I get round to using them too, but after this post I'd like to break it up just a little bit!

I've been having a little think about what to do with the purple etude house shadow, but in the end I went with my first thoughts on using it as part of a smokey eye look.


First thing's first - I wanted to see just how pigmented a colour this was compared to the mint. 


The tester at the top is the colour on bare, non primed skin - as you can see it's more pigmented than the mint as it's a darker colour, but it's still a bit sheer for my liking. The bottom test patch is the shadow applied on top of a base (in this case, white eyeliner pencil) which makes it a lot richer and brings the lovely purple shade right out.

It also has such a lovely shimmer to it & applied pretty easily took, catching the light really well for a light metallic finish.

The Look - Eyes:

I went for a dark smokey type look here, using the Etude purple shadow by itself in the middle of my lids, and blended with Rimmel Glameyes Black shadow at the corners, and blended upwards towards my browbone.

I highlighted my browbone using the Etude House Crystal Tear Powder that I got a while back from a friend. This stuff is super metallic/sparkly and comes as a loose powder that you really need just a tiny amount of! I like to use this on occassions that I want a super sparkly/shiny look, though it doesn't tend to show it at it's best on camera - you have to see it in person to appreciate it!






The changes between the black and purple shadows are really subtle since it's such a dark purple shadow, but for a nice smokey effect I think it works really well. For me, this is more of a night out type of makeup than for during the day - unless you're the kinda chick that rocks a smokey eye and edgy style on a day to day basis, like I used to!



Lips: 

For my lips, I wanted to give them a natural gloss, so road tested what has become a favourite gloss - the Dear my Crystal gloss from Etude House.



This is the cutest gloss! It's got little sparkles in it, so it shimmers in the light. The soft nudey pink colour blends to my lip colour well, and is super glossy and long lasting - I really adore this & want to get more of them!

Here it is on my lips:




So this concludes the Makeup review Section of my Etude House Haul....finally!

I really hope you all like the looks I've created with these wonderful products, and hopefully you'll stick around to listen to my other ramblings!

As always, any comments or questions are greatly appreciated, so feel free to leave me a message below!

Love,

Kasumi x

8 comments:

  1. Thank you a lot for this awesome review! You're so cute and beautiful!

    Wonderholic♡姫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try Etude House's products~ Lovely review!

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ You really should check them out, products are well worth it!

      Delete
  3. I really want to try Etude House - the products look adorable! I think I want them just to make my collection look good! I'm not usually a huge fan of lip glosses, I do prefer a lipstick, but that gloss looks amazing on you! It looks so cute and a nice natural gloss!

    Jackie | Beauty Bundle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ haha I had the same initial reasons for buying Etude products - they're just so adorably packaged! Once I first tried them out, the quality of them got me hooked. I like a combination of both lipsticks and glosses, just depends on my mood I think :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh Etude's eyeshadows are always so pigmented! I personally love them but I can't buy any more due to the Naked palette that I already have >.< Your eye makeup is always so on point though, like I need some pointers haha :P You look gorgeous and a really nice review ^^

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I occasionally make tutorial videos for youtube, I'm due making another one soon when I get a day off so please stick around for that"

      Ahh I like the cheap w7 version of the Naked Palette, since Urban Decay is a bit out of my price range! £5-10 and almost identical.

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3