Thursday 9 April 2015

Etude House Review pt2 - Mint Choc Chip & Coral

Hey Sweethearts,

Finally getting round to part 2 of the Etude House Makeup & Skincare product reviews...trying to use them for different looks instead of just a swatch and a chat.

This time round, I created a mint-choc-chip cut eye makeup, and then teamed it with a coral lip. 

So, for this look I used these Etude items from my Haul:


Mint Green (left) 

Firstly, for this look I wanted to test out the Look at my Eyes eyeshadow in that lovely minty green.
When I first tried to apply this to my eyes without any primer or a base, I found that whilst it was easy to come onto the brush, it looked barely there on my eyes which is a little disappointing.
 The most that you could see was the shimmer, as the colour was pretty much non-existent.

However, I then decided to apply a good base to my lids to give the shadow something to stick to, and pressed it on. When I applied it to my eyes in this method, that lovely light, minty green shade came through really well and it lasted the entire day which is really pleasing. 



Brown (shade 50)

Next up, I wanted to see how well I could create a cut crease using the play101 pencils as a base.

For this, I wanted to complement the green with a brown tone, so used the brown play101 pencil to draw in my crease. This went on extremely well, and created a nice thick line for me to blend out to create the base of the cut crease. Where possible, I like to use an eyeliner or eyepencil of some description to create a nice sharp crease.

Thereafter I set the play 101 pencil with a couple of shades of brown eyeshadow (from the w7 palette in my previous postings) to add a little depth and shimmer. 


 

For my lips, I was so excited to Try out the Dear my Wish Lips-talk in the Coral coloured shade.

I've never really thought that I would suit a coral lipstick, but I was quite surprised by how much I like it! It's a really lovely shade, and much like the shade23 play101 pencil, this just glides on your lips in such a strong, lovely, smooth consistency! It really is a total joy to apply.

I found that this lasts really well throughout the day, and only needed 1 top up during the day,after eating! Definitely looking into getting some more of these in various shades...I think there will be tears when this runs out!


Final Look: 

Here is the look I came up with, what do you all think? Have you used any of these products?
Let me know in the comments below! 







Love,
          Kasumi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments <3