Sunday 26 April 2015

Eyebrow Threading Experience (thread vs wax)

Hi Sweethearts,

Sorry this weeks' post is a bit on the late side, but I've been pretty busy and to be honest, I'm having a massive lack of body confidence and self esteem at the moment, so haven't really felt up to putting myself in front of a camera.


I've always been asked how I get my eyebrows into shape, so I thought that a little chat about my brows might make for an interesting read. (even though my brows are pretty average without any filling in)


First Steps:

I let my brows grow in a bit for this post, so you could see how they were shaped:





Before & After Closeup:


How they were shaped:

For years and years, I'd meticulously tweeze my eyebrows (No 'plucking' - I'm not a chicken!) mostly every day in order to get the shape I wanted.
(I'd had my brows waxed a couple of times in salons before, but they were always horrendous, so had to take it upon myself to make them look right) 

I'd heard a lot about eyebrow threading, lots of it positive. However, as someone previously burned by salons, I was extremely dubious about ever letting someone near my brows again.

After much humming & hawing over whether or not to try, I eventually bit the bullet and have become a convert to it ever since.

This is the procedure I experienced with both waxing & threading in salons.

My Experience with Waxing in Salons:

1. Came in, asked to have my brows waxed (tidied up)
2. Lay back on the chair & eye area wiped.
3. Warm wax was placed on my brow area & then pulled off.
4. Slight bit of tweezing for little hairs, lotion applied, then asked if OK. (Yes, I should probably say at this point that I'm not happy with them, but I'm one of those people that are too scared to speak up at times so just agree then go home and finish the job myself.)
5. Sent on my merry way

My Experience of Threading in Salons:

1. Came in, and asked for eyebrow threading
2. Lay back on the chair
3. Lady had a good look at my brows, and wiped area.
4. Threading process began
5. Slight bit of tweezing for any odd hair that was missed
6. Brow hairs were trimmed
7. Lotion applied and asked if OK.
8. Sent on my merry way

As you can see, from my experience, a lot more care was taken with my brows whenever I get them threaded as opposed to waxed. This may not be the case for everyone - but for me, waxing in salons was more about getting me out of the door as quick as possible to get onto the next person.

A lot of people told me that threading was so much more painful than waxing, however I felt totally relaxed in the chair, and the 'pain' was only a discomfort and actually felt quite therapeutic. (I might just be a pain weirdo though XD)
Which to pick?

The choice is entirely yours, however I much prefer to have my brows threaded.
I've made a little Pro & Con list of my thoughts on wax vs. threading below for you to check out!

Waxing vs. Threading:Waxing Pros:                                 Threading Pros:
+ Quick                                                  + Sharper, more defined brows
+ Less Painful (to some people)            + No chemicals being put on your face 
+ Easy to do at home                             + Less damaging/traumatic to your skin
+ Generally Cheaper                             + Better for sensitive skin & those on strong medication
+ can use on larger areas                       
+ Can ask for organic thread to be used if you have any                                                                              allergies/sensitive skin


Waxing Cons:                                 Threading Cons:

+ Harder to get detailed brows               + Takes a bit longer
+ More damaging to skin                       + Slightly more painful (to some people)
+ Not good for those with sensitive       + Slightly more Expensive in most cases

skin or on strong medicatoin                  + Difficult do at home by yourself                                            + Can cause allergic reactions               + not suitable for larger areas



Final Thoughts?

How do you all shape your brows? Do you wax, tweeze or thread?
What kind of experiences have you had? 

Comment below and let me know!

Love,
           Kasumi x

4 comments:

Leave me your comments <3