Monday 31 August 2015

Sleek Contour Palette

Hi Sweeties!

This is my second post of the week!

My local Superdrug just recently had a massive overhaul, and have added a LOT of new makeup to their store, that normally I'd have to go elsewhere to find! I'm so happy about this since it's not far from work so I can pick things up when ~I pop out to buy lunch! ^_^

I figured that it's about time I tried out a contour palette, and so picked up one from Sleek (which I'll be talking about today) and another from Make Up Revolution to compare it with next time! 

#


This is what the palette for Light skin looks like!
On the left is the darker contouring powder, and on the right is the highlighter powder. It also comes with a nice mirror, though I really felt like it was missing a brush to complete the palette. At £6.49 however, you can't expect to get a decent brush anyway, so it's not a big loss at all.

The powders have quite a creamy texture, and the contour powder is pretty strongly pigmented, which means you don't need to use a lot of it. Bonus for long lasting!
The highlighter is quite natural compared to what I'm used to, due to it's peachy flesh tone, but it leaves you with a lovely natural glow. 




Here are a couple of obligatory selfies using this palette!
For this look, I used the contour palette as eyeshadow too, to maintain a lighter feel.
For under my eyes I lightly blended some of the Brown Play101 pencil by Etude House that I got earlier this year, and finished with black liquid liner and lashings of mascara.

For the lips, I gave my brown play 101 pencil a good clean and used it as a lipliner, then blended it together with the reddy/plum toned Reckless lipstick from Makeup Revolution, that I'll talk about in a different post, all about lipsticks that I picked up lately!

I'm really loving a dark lip right now, and think that it's going to be perfect for Autumn looks!

So, what do you think?

I'm quite feeling the Sleek palette - decent price and does the job pretty well!

As usual, let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Love,
          Kasumi x

2 comments:

  1. I like how natural this looks and not extreme contour, thank you for the great review and I totally love the way you did your lipstick <3

    Kelly ♡
    http://www.kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love your make up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3