Tuesday 3 March 2015

My first order from CutesyKink - Japanese Fashion Store

Hey Sweethearts!

You all good?

I'm a massive fan of Japanese Fashion (as if you couldn't already tell! >.<)  and have been looking at buying pieces from UK based stores for a while now, though for some reason I've never actually gotten round to purchasing anything.
 (I suppose I'm pretty wary when I order things online from somewhere for the first time.)
This week I really want to share my recent purchases & experience shopping with www.cutesykink.co.uk 

I've always loved the range of clothing from CutesyKink (their website is also really cute!), and finally got round to placing an order.
 It took me a good few hours to pick out an outfit that I wanted the most, though- they have so many things to choose from, I was like a crazy kid in a candy store!
"OMG I want this and this and this and...uwaaaaaaaaaa that's adorable! I have to have that too!"    However, I think had I given in and bought everything that I wanted, my bank card would have been left whimpering in the corner!

Ordering:

Ordering from the CutesyKink website was really easy as everything was well laid out, and I could pay via Paypal - that's a massive decision-maker for me when I purchase online, I find Paypal the easiest option, and it's also secure. I tend not to buy from places if I can't use Paypal.

Shipping:
 I ordered pretty late at night, but my items were shipped the next day. Usually I expect a couple of days before items are shipped out as I run my own online store, I understand that order volumes can mean that it's not always possible to send out items the next day, so I was really pleased!  Shipping was done via Hermes, and my order had a handy tracking code from them so I could see where my item was at all times.
 The email from Hermes said to allow for 2-3 working days for my items to reach me, and my items arrived on the 3rd working day - delivered to me in the morning by a really nice delivery man that chuckled at my dishevelled yet totally excited face!

Shipping cost just over £4, which I think is reasonable given the great service and 24h tracking abilities.

Unwrapping:

This is what my parcel looked like on arrival - all pretty in pink with the CutesyKink label! 




Once I opened the package, neatly packed inside were my new clothes! It came with a kawaii business card, and a little gift of cute nail art slices with it! 



Clothes:

I got this sweet floral print top from the "Cute Girl" section, and it was labelled as Vintage Gyaru style.
I love how girly and romantic it is with the off the shoulder fit and ruffles, but at the same time it's made from a fleece-type material so it's pretty warm too! I really expected this kind of item to be a lot thinner material-wise, so I was really pleased that it's actually quite thick! This means that I don't need to wait until summer to wear it around.
The bow on the top is held onto the top by broochpins instead of being sewn on, so this means I can adjust it a little and there are no stitches that could come loose in the wash.

Size-wise, it was marked as Freesize, which is quite common in Asian clothing, as opposed to here in the UK. I'm a UK8 on top, and tend to wear heavily padded bras so I wondered how well it would fit on the bust(I won't lie, I wasn't blessed with breasts, so I cheat!) but it fit me really well. It's quite a loose style, so it covers my wobbly tummy bits, but it's also really quite stretchy with elastic at the top, bottom and wrists which make for a super sweet shape. I reckon this could stretch to a UK10.


             Price: £8 (on sale)


To complement the top, I picked a pair of cute shorts! These are a lovely beige colour, and again are made from stretchy yet pretty thick material, with a lovely shimmer & lace leg detail - and also a cute belt!

I was really hesitant about buying these if I'm really honest. I loved the way they looked online, but as a pear shaped girl with a pretty large bum & thighs, I wondered if it would actually fit due to the differences in Asian sizing and body type.
 I picked a size M going by the measurements/waistsize given, but I know that my bum can pose a problem despite that! (I usually have to try on jeans/shorts/trousers before I buy them, I can fit anywhere between a uk8-12 depending on brand/cut/fit - big butts are a nightmare....'and I cannot lie' :P) 
I tried them off with an air of panic, but breathed a sigh of relief as they actually fit over my keester, and didn't dig into my thighs at all!

They are short-shorts though *who wears short shorts?I wear short shorts!*  so I couldn't wear these without tights, as I don't have the legs for it. They'd definitely look cute without tights as well, for ladies with more body confidence than me!  


Price: £8 (on sale)

Here are some photos of the outfit when worn! Photography by Louise Cantwell Photography, something a little fun before I morphed into an ethereal being later in the day.

Wig: Ebay (I really wish my hair were naturally like this though! I'm growing it in hopes that one day it'll be long and kawaii XD)




Verdict: 

Overall, I'm super happy with my order from CutesyKink (as you can see from my silly faces)! Everything arrived great and super quickly, so I'd most definitely order again...once I can make a definite decision on what I want to buy next XD

Check them out: cutesykink.co.uk

Love,

          Kasumi x

4 comments:

  1. The outfit you picked out looks great! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute~! I've been thinking of ordering from there for a while.

    Clairey x

    www.opheliaofharts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3