Wednesday 11 March 2015

Mini High-street clothing haul (including the Bank closing down sale)

Hey Sweethearts,

So this week, I'm going to chat about another little clothes haul, but this time from right here on the high street!

I met up with my Mum last week for coffee & a girls day out, and we went bargain hunting on the high street (Scotland, UK).

I'm a sucker for sales and love bargains, but who doesn't, right?

We walked through the main shopping area and I spied a sign saying that Bank fashion is closing down, so I popped in for a look.
 For those who can't get to a store, the website is http://www.bankfashion.co.uk though if you pass by a store, the items will vary depending on what they have left in stock.

I've always found bank a bit hit-or-miss for me when it comes to my personal tastes, and it's usually way out of my price range, but when I spotted a good sale I couldn't resist dragging my Mum in for a nosey.

I didn't actually think that I'd find anything that I liked enough to buy (I like a lot of different things, but realistically I'd buy them, wear once, then into the cupboards they go) so I was really pleased when I stumbled across some lovely, spring/autumn type jackets at the back of my local store.

This comes with it's own set of problems though....

I said above that I tend to wear things once, then put in cupboards, remember?

Well....I seem to have accumulated 35 jackets/coats over the years. Yup, 35...plus the 2 new ones makes 37 of them. I have a little bit of a problem (read: I have a massive jacket obsession) >.< I will be aiming to half my jacket collection in the near future, so that's my justification...and because they were super cute!


Here's what I ended up buying:
This Jacket is by the Pink Soda brand that I came across in Bank-fashion. It's a soft, dusky pink, faux leather jacket with wool on the inside. 
 I thought when I first saw it that the material would be pretty stiff and hard, but it's actually pretty soft - the wool on the inside makes it lovely and warm too! 

If I remember rightly (this one isn't available on the website any more) this jacket was £65 originally, or there abouts, but in the sale I paid £20! 








This 2nd jacket is also from the Pink Soda brand.
Again, this is a faux leather jacket in pastel pink. This one is a more biker styled, cropped jacket with plenty of attitude. I really love the black accents on the zips, and the overall shape - it really caught my attention.
I've been looking for some fresher styled jackets that fit in with my style a lot more, I'm not the girl that can wear black constantly any more so a lot of my black jackets will be going to new homes soon.
This one is still available online, and is reduced from rrp: £50 to £25 http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/products/pink-soda-pastel-biker-jacket/152534

          

This trip also re-enforced why I'm not that bothered about dress sizes in clothing. The first jacket is a UK8, and the 2nd is a UK10 - both from the same brand, but there was no way I'd get into the 2nd one if it were a size 8! It all very much depends on the cut of the clothing, I've seen myself wearing a size 16 lingerie waistbelt before from h&m that fit me perfectly!

Speaking of H&M, after my massive £75 saving in Bank, I headed on over to h&m to see if I could find myself a cute jumper or some new jeans.

Unfortunately the jeans didn't happen, but I did pick up this super cute jumper!


I absolutely fell in love with this jumper when I spotted it! It's (again - I think we're starting to see a colour pattern here) pale pink, with "Amour" spelt on it - so cute!
It retails at £12.99, and I chose to get it in the biggest size they had in stock, which was Large. I really wanted this to be quite casual and baggy, as I'm really loving oversized jumpers at the minute. They really feel quite Spring-y to me.

Of course, I had up pick up some cute Hello Kitty socks too! They were £7.99 for a pack of 3 in assorted designs - they're really thick too, so perfect for wearing with boots or around the house to keep your tootsies warm! ^_^

What do you think? Are you feeling the oversized cute jumpers? What is in your Spring wardrobe?
Love,
          Kasumi x

6 comments:

  1. Ahh I just love your buys! You look so pretty c:

    Clairey x
    ww.opheliaofharts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing haul!
    Such cute things :)
    xx Lia
    http://liaslife92.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3