Monday 30 March 2015

Etude House review pt.1

Hi Sweethearts,

I've been asked to do a review of the products from my last blog post (Etude House haul) which I love doing...I've definitely got the reviewing bug!

I'm going to this is 3 different parts as I want to create a couple of different looks with the items, and then a separate review post for the skincare items. (That way it's a lot easier to read than a massive, long, probably tedious post) 


So here's my look from today:




I chose a smokey look for today, as I was attending the Edinburgh Tattoo Convention with a couple of friends, and kept it quite casual.

My grey shadow blends into a cream coloured shadow at my brow bone, but my fringe is covering it in the pic....since I was running late I didn't remember to take a picture with my fringe pulled back, Sorry!

So, starting from the eyes, I chose shadows from my w7 In The Nude Palette (you can see my review of that here: http://kasumihime.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/w7-in-nude-palette-review.html) & added a light dusting of MUA Black shadow to give the shadow a greyer tone.

I decided to use the Black (shade 1) Play101 pencil from my Etude House haul for my eyeliner today, as a change from my usual liquid. 


Here's a screenshot from the Etude Website, showing you what the pencil looks like, and the price!

You can pop the back of the pencil off to reveal a mini sharpener for the eyeliner, for creating super fine & sharp lines although I decided not to use it this time. 



I don't really use pencil liners as my main liner much these days, so it was nice to change it up for a softer effect. 

Initially, I applied this liner with a slight flick at the end of my eye as I do with most of my daily looks, and then applied it in a solid thick line halfway under my eyes from outer corner to middle corner.
 The website lists this specific pencil as "creamy" and the consistency really is as described as it just glided on perfectly first time!
  I decided to test out how well it smudged by using it quite thickly under my eyes, and then smoked it out with a brush. As you can see from the picture, once again it smoked out really easily with minimal effort to create a nice blended look!
 Again, I used this to line both my upper and lower water line to add to the smokey, sexy look (although I don't look sexy in the slightest today - one can't master a selfie whilst rushing out the door!) 

I'm really impressed with it - it lasted all day without smudging or running down my face, even after I spent a good 10minutes crying with laughter at a silly story!

Next up - cheeks! 

Continuing on to my blush/cheeks, I chose the Sweet Recipe all over colour in Peach for this look as I wanted to keep my blush light and natural so as not to clash with the eyes or lips. 


This is what the all over colour looks like in the tin - a lovely pinky peachy colour...and it's even peach scented! I could have just eaten it, it smells that good!

I applied a very small amount of this to the apples of my cheeks with my fingers to give my face a lovely fresh, healthy glow.
 The all over colour has the consistency of a creamy lip balm, and blends to a lovely, natural dewy look. You can apply this either under or over your powder with out it looking cakey or removing powder - it feels really light on your skin too.
 This can also be used as a lip balm or an eye colour - whichever you prefer or all of the above! In my case, I bought this specifically as a blusher.

You can layer this up for a stronger look without any issues too - with some cream products, it can remove or move around the previous layers eg. foundation and cause patchiness, but this definitely doesn't. (I added an extra layer later on in the day to test this) 

I really love the natural look of this, and think it's going to be perfect for my spring/summer looks where my makeup will be lighter to complement seasonal outfits and warmer weather. (Though I live in Scotland, where summer happens for 2 weeks at the most...so who am I trying to kid with 'warmer weather' >.<)

Lips


Back to my other Play101 pencils!

I picked shades 23 (dark red, Glossy) & 50 (Brown, Creamy) as I spied it on the Korean Etude house website as a complete lip look and fell in love with the combination.

I love ombre/gradient lips, and have done ever since I was a teenager in my Goth phase, so this was harking back to a more rockier style choice and I couldn't resist!

Now, I have to say, once again both of these pencils just GLIDE on! They apply so effortlessly, and make blending really easy. What I also love about these in regards to lips, is that they're pencils as opposed to big chunky lipsticks, so it's far easier to create a sharp, defined lip.

In regards to staying power, these do hold pretty well &, although I don't find the red at all kiss-proof - you will get some residue from it, though that doesn't affect the colour on your lips. This is due to it being a glossy texture I think, the brown was pretty kiss-proof and no residue came off on my drinking straws at all.
 It did come off a good bit whilst I was eating my dinner this evening, though this was after 8 hours of wear...and the fact that I was eating a massive hotdog, in a manner much akin to a starving Barbarian that hadn't seen food for days! 
Had I been more ladylike in my approach to eating, then it would have stayed a lot better...but how can you eat this in a ladylike manner? 

Haus Dog with gherkins, mustard and a big coating of Sauerkraut! Also some seriously amazing proper chips with cheese on top & a vanilla raspberry shake! Nomnomnom! Thank you Burger Edinburgh, my dinner was extremely delicious!  


So this concludes part 1 of my Etude House haul reviews, hopefully this was helpful to you all!

If you have any more questions, or have any feedback for me then please drop me a comment in the box provided below!

Love,

Kasumi x

1 comment:

Leave me your comments <3