Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy 2015! A little about me....super long post!



Hello Everyone! 

2015 has prompted me to do something that I've wanted to do for a long time: Start a little style/beauty/fashion-type blog! Hopefully I'll keep this updated as best as I can!

A little bit of back-story & style recaps from the past lot of years. I'm sure I've missed out quite a few different looks, all with varying degrees of success!

I started modelling back when I was 16, (which is a loooooooooooong time ago now) within the alternative genres. 
 When I first started out, I was going through that awkward, teen goth phase. (You know the one?) Learning to apply makeup through covering most of my face in liquid eyeliner patterns (not very well I may add), and spending an obscene amount on money on beautiful Gothic and Victorian style clothing. 


(c) Always Photography

At that time, I thought I would be Goth, specifically in this style, forever! (I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought so!)

 Fast forward a year and a half, till at 17 I moved to Germany to work. Whilst there, I fell in love with Cyber Goth/Industrial style, shaved off my eyebrows and looked like this for the next half year or so:




Turning 18, I decided it was time to look more professional since I had finished school & was looking for work before starting college. I decided to try out being blonde and "normal".



Once I went back to college to study art, I ended up reaching for the hairdye, and the eyebrows that I'd just grown back came off again. This was the result at 19.






(c) Veles Photography


At/20, I went back to basics temporarily,  leaving Goth behind....then went emo/scene...ish.
(c)CSD_Images
(c) Burfly

So then, at 21, with my modelling wardrobes starting to become packed full of so many styles of alternative clothing, I decided I wanted to be a Glamour girl ...(Bearing in mind, I'm not blessed with the typical glamour body-type, nor look!) 



(c) Grime&Glamour

Then in the same year, I decided to go back to Goth, then followed by Pin-up/Burlesque. (are you keeping up?) 

(c)CSD_Images for both


And then, 2012 happened!

2012 was the year where I started to really experiment with looks & makeup. (All makeup that you're seeing on these images is done by myself) 
 I spent a lot of time teaching myself how to properly apply makeup to a decent standard, and just couldn't settle on a style for my day to day, non modelling life!
   As a model, esp someone vertically and aesthetically challenged like me, versatility and being able to produce different looks is extremely advantageous - no-one likes a one trick pony! Competing with the other models, I had to make myself stand out: which is where my makeup skills came into play.
2012 was also the year that I fell in love with Japanese fashion and Culture again. I was a really big anime & manga fan as a kid, until I found the alternative/gothic scene & music.  

By chance, I came across a link on Tumblr to an anime called KissXsis and got a bit of a shock upon watching it! (I didn't know what it was about, until I watched it....oops!)
 After that, I decided to re-visit my childhood favourites, Sailor Moon & Escaflowne. That then brought me back to the OSTs, then that followed on to FFX OST, which brought me to The GazettE, D, Kiryu etc. (Visual Kei)
 Seeing these bands PVs, I was so attracted to their style, so chose to Emulate them to a degree, then add my own flair. (I also made makeup videos to go with it see my channel here)

So, here is a roundup of images from 2012:



2013 turned out to be another year of playing the "Who do I want to be?" game. Wigs became daily worn items, and I couldn't look the same 2 days in a row, without feeling out of place for wherever I was going.

The trouble with being a "Style Chameleon", is that I constantly feel out-of-place when I go somewhere. I walk down the street dressed one way, spot a few people in a different style and desperately wish I'd went for that look instead. It's a never ending battle with myself!

To begin 2013, I looked like this, generally:






...and then, I broke out the bleach and became Holy Orange - Firehead!

Now this, I absolutely ADORED! I kept my hair this shade for nearly a year...which was pretty good going as I get bored all too easy.

Then, boredom & new fashion obsessions set in....yet again.

Kicking off 2014, I decided on Hime Gyaru/Lolita style...or so I thought.

In 2014 I launched my own business making accessories for kawaii & bridal styles, and started on the path of becoming a Tattoo Artist. (I know, once again, the chameleon strikes! On one side kawaii, then bridal, then all the way across to the other: tattooing. I'm sure for those of you who have managed to keep reading, you're all thinking; "Is this girl for real?No way!" but the answer is yes, I really cannot hold down one specific style! One day, it'll all come together and be utterly fabulous, I'm sure. )

After this spell, I did settle on Gyaru style makeup...for the most part. I decided that I wanted to be a pastel girl, then slightly Rokku (I don't even know where that came from...suspected brain-fart)



                                                



Then I took a more "Oooooh lets do some Avant Garde stuff" approach towards the end of the year:




.....and now we get to 2015!
Phew! >.< That was quite a journey, right?

Once again, I got bored with the current styles, and hair colours...wigs just wouldn't cut it anymore!
So, the hair was chopped and dyed, the style once again developed.

This is my current look! *Drumroll*



It's a lot different from the Unicorn hair! I'm not ready to fully let go of the pastel hair just yet, so when it came to dyed my extensions, I decided to make them ombre, so that I'd still have a little Unicorn magic left!
In my next post, I'm going to talk about my 2015 look, and go through the makeup look with everyone in detail - a youtube tutorial should be ready by this time next week, so please stick around for that!

Love,

Kasumi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments <3