Saturday 31 January 2015

99p store find: Witch Tinted Moisturiser (Review)


Hey Sweethearts!

So this week I went for a little look in my local 99p store, to see if there were any bargains to be had.
Usually I tend to get some great hair products, but this time something else caught my eye.


I've been looking for a bb cream or tinted moisturiser for a while, but could never find anything light enough, or if I did, then it was out of my price range.

I happened to spot the Witch anti-blemish tinted moisturiser when browsing, and for 99p I figured that I may as well give it a go. It's formulated for those like me with oily or combination skin, and comes in 3 shades. Light, Medium & Dark.
For those of you that can't find it in your local 99p store, you can grab it on amazon. 

I picked light 01 shade which looks like this.



(Stock photo) 
I tend to use the Witch face wipes as they tend to deal with my problem skin quite well, so with this in mind I picked it up, though ever the sceptic, I had my doubts.



When I first opened the bottle and put some on the back of my hand, it looked pretty dark.

This prompted my usual thoughts of "ahh another bb cream/tinted moisturiser that claims to be light, but I end up looking orange anyway." but never-the-less, I figured that if anything, I could laugh if I ended up looking much like David Dickinson!

When applying it, I found that it blended pretty ok - it wasn't thick or heavy, which is a plus for my oily skin.
 My fears for becoming orange were completely washed away upon blending it onto my face, as I found that despite being dark in the bottle, it blended really light and disappeared into my skin quite well to give a light/medium coverage.
Like the bottle claims, it does mattify the skin well, and it lasted the whole day which was a major plus.

The only things that I wasn't too fond of, is that my skin felt a little tight initially once it had set on my face - I think that may come from the antibacterial properties mind you. It's not terribly moisturising either, it is really more of a light moisturiser, which for me right now is ok.

I like to apply a little powder over the top to give it a little extra staying power, due to my skin right now.


At the moment, I've only been wearing it for a few days, so can't fully comment on just how anti-blemish it is, but it's looking pretty promising so far!


Verdict: I'm pretty happy to wear this at the moment as an alternative to having to wear foundation, as it's a lot lighter and nice & easy to apply, especially if you're in a rush leaving the house in the mornings (like me). With a 99p price tag in my local store, it's a pretty good bargain if you're looking for something lighter.


love,

Kasumi x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments <3