Sunday 20 March 2016

First day of Spring look: Road testing Etude house Base Makeup

Hi Sweethearts,

I thought I'd do a quick little post about my first dabble with my new Etude house Products from my hauls!

This is going to be pretty brief since I didn't get any good WIP shots of putting on each product, but I hope to do a video look using all of them together to come up with something nice :)

Here's what I used:


Primer: 

For my Primer I used the Etude House FaceBlur - this is heralded as a great product, and to be honest I totally agree.

It goes on a like creamy colour with pinky tones through it, which gives a youthful glow to the face.
I do feel like it does improve the look of my skin tone on its own, and some times I just use the product as a stand alone item when I'm in a rush.
It also leaves a dewy finish to the skin - nothing mattifying here, ladies! 


 BB Cream:
This my new BB cream that I chose from their online store.

   This is quite a medium - full coverage product and is quite thick and very creamy to apply. I got this product in the lightest shade, which is beige no.2 and was pleasantly surprised that it matched my skintone extremely well! I had a moment of panic that it would be far too dark for me and I'd have wasted my money and time on it.

It leaves the skin with a lovely, healthy, glowy, dewy finish, much like the face blur, so again it's not a mattifying product - but you can do as I have done and lightly powdered over it to set it in place.

Whilst I love the effect it has on the skin, my only gripe with it is that it doesn't stay so well on my problem area - my nose. I do have issues with a lot of products not lasting well on the tip on my nose since it's quite a combination type area - sometimes its super oily, others its super dry ....I can't win with it. >.<
 You also kind of have to be careful if you tend to rub your face randomly like me - it may rub off if you do so, so I think giving it a good powder/"bake" is going to be very useful to keep it perfect for longer.

I wonder if a setting spray might help it a little, but then again it's a pretty dewy, moisturising product, so maybe its better to 'bake' it a little. 

Concealer


This was a fun thing to apply!
 I'm very used to western concealers where I have to use a fair amount when they're liquid types with the wand, so I tried to apply the same amount as usual on my first try with this product...big mistake!

Massive mistake!

Seriously, this is super deceptive - Asian concealers and bases tend to be more creamy and spreadable than the western counterparts....which I have learned the hard way!

If you're heavy on the concealer like me, whatever you use normally - half it! I only needed to dot a tiny amount in the problem zones, and padded it out with my ring finger. I really love this - it concealed really really well and only uses a little bit of product, so it doesn't feel 'cakey' like my usual concealer can do if I'm having a particularly heavy handed "oh god my eyes look like rings of black death" morning >.< 


Blush
 I was absolutely itching to play with this! I absolutely adore the Play101 range, and have been wanting to get one of the sticks to try out since they came out - I might end up getting a few more!

This is pretty handy in regards to application - dot it on your face and blend it out with your ring finger, or beauty blender, or brush, or whatever you choose to use.

It goes on a pretty vivid colour that may make people wonder what they've let themselves in for, but once you blend it in it tends to sink into your skin and create a light, really natural tint of colour. It will apply brighter for lips and eyes, but that's down to not blending/less blending compared to using it as a blush.

I really like it for giving my skin a natural, glowy tint - I'm pretty sure these products make me look more youthful....in fact, I'm convinced of it.

I always feel a bit "ho hum, I'm getting on a bit" when I put my makeup on, but the effect these give, it makes me feel lighter, brighter, fresher and younger - can't knock that, can we?


For the rest of the look I used my regular max factor pan stick for contouring (I want a play 101 one now instead) and my sleek cream highlighters (won't be parting with those)

For my eyes I used my 144 makeup revolution palette, with their golden lights highligher powder in the middle of the eye,
etude house crystal tear liner (which I cant stop buying), 
brown play 101 pencil for under eyes,
black play 101 pencil for my top waterline.
Maybelline Colossal Mascara
Rimmel Eyebrow pencil and w7 clear mascara

Lipwise, I used a combo of the lip tint and lipstick that came with my haul - but I'm going to do a separate post on the other items, and a more in depth look at the play 101 stick.





Hopefully you enjoyed this little run down of my simple little look, and if you have comments, questions etc, then you know what to do! Let me hear your thoughts!


Love,
         Kasumi x

2 comments:

  1. you look great and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site,

    genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,

    Are you troubled with cockroaches, mosquitoes, ants, insects, lizards in the

    house? These insect-moths not only spoil your beautiful house and furniture but

    also threaten your health.

    Thanks for sharing.



    Pest Control in Jaipur



    Regards

    Sameer

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments <3