Thursday 12 February 2015

Fashion find and experimenting with Kogal

Hey Sweethearts!

I hope you're doing well?

Couple of things I want to share with you this week, with the first one being my new poncho!

When I spied this in my local shopping centre, I completely fell in love with it, and it was on sale for £20! I'm a big big fan of ponchos, and was on the lookout for a more outdoor one, as it's still pretty chilly outside here in Scotland!

I have a few ideas for outfits using this, though here I just layered it on top of my Kogal inspired look, but I think it looks pretty good!

 What do you think? ^_^




This week I finally got around to experimenting with another style, this time Kogal! (コギャル)

Unfortunately, I can't really afford to buy brand items, so made do with a little Primark haul and found items in my flat to creating a Kogal inspired look.



I really wanted to try this style for a while, though I've always been put off my closed cardigans and higher necklines, incase it didn't really suit me.

For this look, I kept it pretty basic (basic bitch?)-  it's based from School outfits, so I didn't want to try and add my own spin on it as I wasn't too confident.

For my hair, I went for a simple high ponytail using a tie on extension that I got from Ebay for 5.99 - I haven't fully experimented with hairstyles for this look, but I'm really loving ponytails at the moment so thought it would fit quite well.

Outfit: Plain white shirt from New Look, that I've had in my cupboard for a few years (I'm a hoader, and when things still fit, I don't like to throw them away)

Bowtie - Stolen from the Bfs' mother - spare from work outfit. I do want to make/buy a different type of bow/necktie for this look, but couldn't find anything to fit in time.

Cardigan & Skirt - Primark. Cardie was £8, and skirt was £6.

I'm really loving the range Primark has in at the moment, a lot of it is really my thing! When I went in, they also still had some sale rails, so I picked up another couple of bargains whilst I was there.

Tights: I just went with tights that look like stockings, as I struggle so badly with knee high/overknee socks. I have chronic thunder thighs, so they always ALWAYS either roll down, or are too tight and make me look super bumpy with flab spilling out over the top. I think these also came from Primark.

Although you can't see my shoes, I used a little pair of black dolly shoes with a little bow on the front (also from Primark) to complete the look.

Here is a little shot of my makeup, although I wasn't happy with how my nose looked in the shots so covered it up T_T
I picked a brown pair of circle lenses for this look, as I'm naturally blue eyed, but love how cute brown eyes look! I also kind of think in a strange way, I look more German like my mother (I'm half German) with brown eyes. I think that's maybe just me, though. XD

                                 

That's all from me this week, as usual, please leave me comments under the post letting me know what you think, and how I can improve on this look!

Kasumi x




2 comments:

  1. Kogal........had to look it up. It seems to have some unfortunate connotations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate :/ Though the way I look at it, is that lots of other styles have similar negative connotations, which is also unfortunate, but I still like the fashion style.

      Delete

Leave me your comments <3